Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pecan Crusted Tilapia

I really didn't follow a recipe. I just used what I had at home and it turned out fantastic! You will just have to adjust this to how much fish you are making or how many people you plan to feed.

6 Tilapia
1 cup Pecans (I processed these down to a bread crumb in my Vita-mix leaving some bigger chunks)
salt
pepper
garlic powder
1/2 lemon
butter (I got free with coupons hehehe)

Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Squeeze with 1/4 lemon on both sides of the fish. Heat a griddle or pan on high heat with butter (you decide how much you want) I just coated the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until pecans are nice and crispy brown and fish is white and flakes with a fork. Squeeze with other 1/4 of the lemon.  Enjoy!

I served this with a Spinach Salad and Green Beans. My family went NUTS over it and there were no leftovers. My youngest daughter doesn't even like fish and she had 2 servings!! Score for this mom getting healthy food in her kiddo =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCpenney Printable Coupons