Friday, March 11, 2011

Giving Thanks to God for Your Savings

I wanted to share a few emails I received this morning from some of the ladies that attended My Introduction to Couponing Class at Grace Chapel Church. I am so thrilled to see them saving so much so quickly! I can't imagine what they will do the next time Dillons has a Mega-Sale event! I praise God for his blessings over these ladies lives and what He is doing through this Coupon ministry He has set before me.  I can really honestly say ladies this is not me, this God and I am honored and humbled to be a part of it! May God bless each of you richly as you bless your family and others with all that He has given you!! Our God truly is an AWESOME God!! Blessings to you all friends!! 


-- First I want to say thank you!!! I went shopping last Sunday and bought $224 in groceries for $133. However, I know that I can do better.


-- I just wanted to say thank you so much for the class you taught at Grace Chapel.  I admit, I was very sceptical about the whole thing, but I'm a believer now!  On my first week, I saved almost 50% on my purchases. I made 2 trips to Dillon's, (my first trip, I hadn't activated a card for ecoupons yet), a trip to CVS, Target, and Aldis.  It took some planning at home, some time on the computer (printing!!!), and some math skills, but I think I'm getting the hang of this!

As most people are struggling financially, we are no exception.  I'm in commission sales, and my job tanked 2 years ago. My husband is employed, but is in danger of losing his job. We are going through foreclosure on a house, and have 3 very hungry boys to feed.  It wasn't too long ago, that I shopped at Wal-Mart, putting anything I wanted in the cart, thinking I was getting a good price. As I started noticing prices rising on everything on a weekly basis, I had to rethink my purchases.  I started shopping SAMS for many things, then became aquainted with Aldis.  I never dreamed I could shop at a regular grocery store and save money!
 
I'm confident I will continue to figure out how to "play the game" to it's best advantage. Thank you so much for IMPROVING our quality of life, because that is exactly what this is doing for us!  We can eat well, not feel guilty about the little pleasures ("extras" like bagged cookies and candy that I get CHEAP), and free up more income for other things in life.  

-- I have had so much fun shopping since the class at GCC!  I’m just getting started and soooo much to learn.  So far, total bill of $233.33 – my cost $108.35.  The most exciting thing is that now I am able to give!  I have wanted to give to the food pantry as it has always been a ministry close to my heart but after buying for my family, there just wasn’t anything left over.  This week, I have three extra bags to take to church!  What a blessing!  Thanks so much Shannon for allowing God to use you in this way.  I can’t wait till the next meeting. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCpenney Printable Coupons