Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Joplin Donation Update 5-25-11

This evening I was able to have the privilege of  helping put together a task force for donations to Joplin. I will use this blog to communicate needs for this task force. This will also post to facebook and twitter. Please "like" us on facebook or follow us @savvy_savings on twitter for information.

Grace Chapel Church and Savvy Savings will be working with Joplin Destiny Church in Joplin, Mo. We have 10 families who need immediate help. These families lost EVERYTHING. I will be posting different ways you can help.

Let me start by saying no donation is to small. Even if you can only give a tube of toothpaste, it will help someone!

Tonight I sat in a meeting hearing all the needs and all the numbers and just kept thinking Lord, oh my, Lord! It was truly overwhelming to hear the needs in this community. I then watched a group assemble to load donations that have come in the last 2 days. I saw person after person with arms full of everything you can imagine and praised God! Lord, Oh Lord! We can do this! I then came home and again and  thought how on earth, Lord there are just so many needs! Can one tiny group of people truly make a difference?

 I asked God to speak to me. I said," God, I seriously need to hear you loud and clear right now because I can't do this on my own." I no sooner opened a book and this is what I read:

"Two are better than one, because together they can work more effectively. If one of them falls down, the other can help him up …. Two people can resist an attack that would defeat one person alone. A rope made of three cords is hard to break"        Ecclesiastes 4:9 (TEV)

If that's not loud and clear I don't what is! I can't do this on my own and I'm not expected too. Oh me and my little faith sometimes! I truly wonder if God wants to drop kick me from time to time .. haha!

All this to say, NO donation is to small! Every little bit helps!

Help us make a difference in our world by showing the love of God to those suffering in hands on practical ways!

You can bring your donations to Grace Chapel Church. They're in need of everything right now. One specific requests is bibles, New or used. There are people asking for bibles in the community and they don't have any. If you would like to donate money for us to "coupon" with I have a team of couponers ready. They will use 100% of the money for Joplin. It's truly amazing what these ladies can do with $5.00. We also need coupons. Please drop off any coupons you will not be using. We will use these to buy items for Joplin.

Thank you again to everyone who supports this blog! May God bless each of you in AMAZING ways!

Blessings,

Shannon

Grace Chapel Church

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCpenney Printable Coupons